The Firefox web browser comes with a small amount of default search engines in its Search Bar, located in the top right hand corner of the browser window. Firefox gives you the ability to easily add more search engines by selecting from a predefined list.
1. Open your Firefox web browser.
2. Locate the Search Bar, located in the top right hand corner of your browser window.
3. In the Search Bar, you will see an icon for whatever search engine is currently active. By default, it will be Google's "G". Directly to the right of this icon is a down arrow. Click on either the icon or the arrow.
4. A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled either Add Engines... or Manage Search Engines..., located at the bottom of the menu.
5. You are now taken to the Firefox Search Engines page, located in the main section of your browser window. Listed on this page are over 20 search engines, each with a description. To add a particular search engine to your Search Bar, click on its name.
6. After clicking on the name, you will see a dialog box labeled Add Search Engine. In this box will be the name of the search engine chosen as well as the search engine's category. Click OK to add the search engine to your Search Bar.
7. These steps can be repeated to add other search engine choices.